Oct 8, 2009

thoughts

Lots of thoughts running around my head of late. One of the most impacting has been the thought of my future. I, at the moment, have no definite plans, and that has caused many worried days and nights. What should I pursue, what do I like to do, what talents do I have, what, when, where...but all too often I am caught up in the Worlds swirling vortex of allowing fame, riches, and accomplishments become my main pursuit while forgetting the even bigger things, the things that truly determine who we are, character, for example: Humility, faithfulness, kindness, ect. Too much of my daily life is split up into what I've done, or not done, not who I've been. Have I encouraged someone today? Have I spoken kindly to those around me? Most importantly to those closes to me. Have I been willing to give a helping hand or have I been too absorbed with me, myself, and I?
Someone once told me that maybe it's not so much what we do but who we are in life. I believe those words are true, but so often I fail to allow them to affect me. That's not too say that we shouldn't pursue our dreams, but I wonder sometimes if our dreams are the right dreams... I could write for hours, but who would ever want to read that?
Actually, to be honest, not many read my blog. I like it that way ;)

No comments: