Dec 16, 2009

days

  Have you ever had those days that are just plain good days? It's not like you wake up and decided that its going to be a good day, it just ends up being a good day. I'm I making sense? Anyway, yesterday was a good day. Christofer and I woke up early expecting Taaniel to arrive soon after. We noticed right away that it seemed unreasonably quiet, usually in the morning you can hear our very little but still audible traffic rush, Christofer peeked out the window and moaned, which in turn made me smile and shout with joy. Snow! Lots and lots of snow. We heard from Taaniel that his train was delayed and then cancelled. So Christofer drove to pick him up while I made breakfast. The rest of the day was spent in conversation, we planned, processed, and sorted thoughts and ideas regarding our futures and the future of zerply. Meanwhile the snow continued to fall and about half way through we trucked to the store and came back with an assortment of goods that turned into very yummy hamburgers. Then Taaniel rested, he is getting old ;) 
while Christofer, Robert, Anders, and I worked out. The day ended with cellgroup which was not only encouraging but also challenging and fun. As already mentioned, a really good day. 


  Today, however, was not a really good day, but I shouldn't complain, you can't have really good days everyday, it just doesn't work that way. Yet, today was a hard day. I worked, which I prefer not to do. Its not that I don't like working, its just that I would rather have a job where you can work for something. Being a substitute teacher is like being thrown into a puzzle that has been torn apart by a hurricane and your job is to put the pieces back together, in any where from 6 to 8 hrs,  without having any clue where they actually go. I started at 7 which made me the first one of the two other teachers I would be working with. In the next half hour seven small children, who had know idea who I was, where dropped off by their parents. Two cried, three wanted me to hold them and the last two started throwing things around. I managed to calm them down by singing and making silly faces, but by time the other teacher showed up, an half an hour later, I was already yawning. 
   After breakfast I went outside with three, after getting their winter clothes on, I was faced with helping them through the snow piles that where in certain places up to my knees. You can just imagine two and one year olds trying to play in that amount! They were three very, very wet, and crying snow men by time all the other children made it out. It was less then an hour of running around pulling them out of snow drifts, yanking back on their hats, gloves, scarfs, and boots before we gave up and went back in. Hahaha, poor kids, we surely do put them through torture.
   
  I'm home now, and I have feeling I should take a long, hot bath, in order to finish off this day in a orderly fashion. Ahh, life sure is an interesting experience.


Oh, almost forgot. Today is my sisters birthday. Happy Birthday Gabby!





No comments: