Jan 29, 2010

Goodbyes...

I've had a lot of goodbyes in my life. Moving to a new Country was the start and since then it feels like goodbyes have been an constant companion. Yesterday was a goodbye day. Caroline and Emelie flew away to America this morning. To think that they are already with my family makes me happy and, of course. sad too. I want to be there with them! 
  We spent yesterday packing, modeling (Well, Emelie and I were the models while Caroline was our, very professional, photographer, the pictures turned out rather nicely!) and laughing. I am truly grateful to God for the connections that he has opened up. To think that my sister-in-law and her best friend are off with my brother on a road trip is rather mind boggling! Last year when Caroline started bible school she was so worried, though she truly did pray constantly that Abe would get his visa and that he would be able to come, and how everything just worked out. How Emelie came into the picture and brought craziness and first and foremost joy to Abe and Caroline. I ended up smuggling myself in in their little group and am so grateful that I did. I'm going to miss them.
 
  Today was a long day at Church, we had an open house to collect food and clothes to the Church in Riga. They have it extremely tough over there, lots of children and adults living on the streets. It was so wonderful! So many people came and a whole bunch brought with them lovely clothes. One lady had a bag filled with knitted scarves, gloves, and hats, all brand new. Wonderful when people give above and beyond. Now Robert is over and I'm wondering if he is going to make it home. Christofer and him are talking on the couch and every few minutes Roberts eyes seem to slowly close. Poor boy, he sure works hard! 
 
  Off to bed, first have to kick Robert out ;)

Goodbye Emelie and Caroline. Jag kommer saknar er.




No comments: