Feb 1, 2010

Girls just wanna have fun!

The weekend flew by once again. On Saturday I ended up joining Linn and Andrea on Linn's recurring quest to find a wedding dress. She actually found her dream dress, but it unfortunately didn't have a dream price tag. She was a little discouraged and we were all very cold, that being that it was -18c outside, but then Andrea took us to 'Stockholm's best coffee place' and that cheered us all up! We then all three used one subway ticket to take the subway to try and find our way to Stockholm's bridal trade show, after finding our way to Slussen, we took a buss and Andrea and I tried reading the signs as they zoomed on by. We ended up getting off at the right stop and still a little worried that we might not find it Andrea and I ended up asking three girls holding pink paper bags if they knew where the bridal show was, they informed us in a rather short tone that it was right around the corner and there were large archways at the entrance. Andrea said we could blame our stupidity on me since I was from America, thanks a lot. Upon entering we were met by quite a crowd and lots of people trying to sell things. Since they often wanted to talk to the Bride, that being Linn, Andrea and I went around eating the candy, which almost every stand had, and filling out almost every contest. Our labor was not in vain however, because I actually won! Yep, we had just finished up drinking free espresso's with dark chocolate and we went back to a stand that had a drawing and my name was on the board. Of course they spelled it was wrong, but I was given hair products worth up to 600kr, at least thats what he claimed it was worth. I gave Linn the wedding magazine since that came along with it and Linn charmed one of the guys into giving Andrea a magazine as well. We ended the round with sorbet and Linn trying on a rather ugly but cheap wedding dress, so perhaps it wasn't the most successful day but it was fun and the best part was that we found a band that might possible be the band for the wedding, and of course it is always fun to spend some quality time with my sister-in-laws. It was only poor Caroline whom was missing, I bet she is having an absolutely awful time in Ohio ;)

Off to make some chocolate chip cookies.















No comments: