Apr 27, 2010

New day

Christofer and I had a great weekend but it ended on a sour note. However, today has been a good day. Right now, well, Taaniel and Christofer are comparing their twitter accounts. Yes, I live with a bunch of nerds, but I can't complain because I find it rather funny. Our day has been filled with discussions and with me trying to figure out how to make a timeline in excel. It's hard and seemed like a waste of time, but now Zerply has a timeline, the only problem is we are stuck in the 1700 until the 1800, I couldn't change it. :(
  
  Tuesday. Once again a new day and it's a warm day! We could barely believe it when we stepped out of our apartment, it was as if Spring, the real Spring, suddenly decided to grace us with it's complete presence! Flowers are starting to wake up. Yesterday I came across yellow anemones, gulsippor, they were so lovely that I had to pick them. Christofer thought it was sort cruel since they were so few,  but I couldn't resist!


  It looks like a storm is coming on in, a Spring storm. Absolutely wonderful! I miss Ohio storms, they always had such an amazing way to make you feel completely powerless and completely dependent on God. Speaking of dependence it amazes time and time again our need for God and the hopeless situation we find ourselves in. The World has nothing to offer, nothing except broken promises. A few things in our lives has spurred conversations regarding marriage, commitment and doing good despite our feelings. I recently came across a wonderful quote in C.S Lewis's Mere Christianity 'Good is what you aught to prefer regardless of what you like.' Choosing to follow God and to do his commandments isn't easy and it's not supposed to be. Saying no to our flesh, flesh such a funny word, but flesh is basically sin in all shape and form. Sin, large and small separates us from God, we repent, God brakes down the wall, and then we repeat. Until we come to heaven. That sounds really awful, but I suppose it's important to realize that in ourselves we cannot do anything to help our helpless situation, but through God we receive repentance and help for the future. Unfortunately asking for help is easier than actually accepting that help and the help doesn't always come in the form we would like. 


  Well, I better get back to work. Christofer is looking at me funny, that usually means that I should start getting things done.


 Little tip. Christofer and I have recenelty stumbled on a new band called Vampire Weekend. I love one of their songs Run. It makes me happy for some strange reason. 


Hejdå 

No comments: