Apr 1, 2010

Spring

Spring is actually here! There is still snow on the ground, but last night Christofer and I were walking home from work, 11pm, when the wind kicked up, we instantly prepared ourselves for a cold blast, but instead the wind was warm and gently against our faces. That, my dear friends, is one of the true sings of Spring! This morning I awoke to birds twittering and people laughing, it felt like waking up into a whole new World. The World of endless impossibilities, 'don't you just love New York in the Spring?'...so the real quote is 'Don't you just love New York in the Fall', but I just switched it up a little. I bet Christofer can tell you what movie it's from. I've trained him well. :)
  I bought Strawberries today, couldn't resist them, they looked so delicious in the package all pink and juicy, they weren't as good once they reached the mouth, but just the thought of eating Strawberries excited me. Spring, sun, and warmth comfort the soul!

  Easter is in two days. Can't believe it came so fast. Christofer's parents are coming tomorrow and we are looking forward to a weekend exploring Tallinn.
  Easter is such a remarkable time, of course the commercial side of things can be a bit overwhelming and frustrating, at least in the states, yet here in Europe things are more conservative when it comes to advertising. Last weekend, Palm Sunday, Christofer and I came upon a crowd of Russian Bubusikas carrying twigs and flowers into their gigantic Russian Church. We followed them and came just in time for mass, the whole church was packed, candles were lit, and almost all the woman covered their heads. I know some people find such rituals upsetting, but I've always been sort of in awe of the reverence and respect they have for God. As I listened to the chore singing and the quiet murmur of devoted prayers, I couldn't help but realize that Jesus is among them. Christofer and I discussed it on our way home, and as much as we agree with 'not being religious' its important to remember that religion in itself is not were the fault lies.

  Now, I'm off to buy ice cream and take a walk with my husband.

Happy Easter everyone!

"Then the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them. But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were indignant 
And said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?” 
And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read, 
 " ‘ Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
      You have perfected praise’?”



No comments: