Mar 30, 2010

Grateful

Went to a Jazz Club last Thursday. Had a lovely time, I was able to meet Triins, Aivo's fiancée, friends. They were a grand bunch and we had fun laughing over silly similarities and the history of their friendships. Three of them have been friends since young girls and as they talked about the difficulty but beauty in Triin getting married I reminisced to similar conversations with my friends. I miss those times, I miss my friends, I miss being surrounded by girls. My childhood and my teen years were spent surrounded by my two older sisters and cousins, their friends, and my friends, in other words, lots of girls. Of course, we did have guy friends, but they were not many and often than not it always ended up with us shunning them. Ahh, girls will be girls. Now, my best friend is Christofer and though he is an absolutely wonderful best friend, there are somethings that he will never, ever understand or relate to, which is the way it is suppose to be, but Ahh, how I miss everyone right now. All my girl friends, sisters, sister-in-laws, friends...  
 Yet, there are season and times for everything and I am so grateful that I have had so many amazing girls and women in my life over the years. I know I wouldn't be the person I am without them.

With a grateful heart
/lize

No comments: