Sep 4, 2010

A reminder

I feel like crying. Stupid feelings are never, ever content. So frustrating! I have such a blessed life, but I still find things every minute of everyday to complain about. Today it's my lack of a lot of things, but instead of focusing on that I shall turn my thought to more uplifting words.

'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness' ~ 2 Cor 12:10

'For when I am weak I am strong'~ 2 Cor

I always feel like these words don't apply to me since I am not in prison nor am I out witnessing to tribes out in the wild, but the more I read, the more I realize that Paul was a person just like me and though he was an amazingly disciplined, he still had feelings of despair and dejection. This life is temporal and short, but at times it has a sense of a foggy bog that never ends. With wet and cold feet it quite often comes to the point of giving up, but it's at that moment that Gods grace comes flooding back in. I know with out a doubt that God will always be there to pull me out even when I am in my self made trap, which most often is the case. For when I am faithless, he is faithful, when I am weak and distraught, he is my strength and my comfort. Praise be to him whom through all blessings flow.

/E

No comments: