Sep 9, 2010

Sleep!

Feeling sick today, despite the weather being beautiful, as always. I woke up with a cough yesterday and today a slight fever, well, Christofer doesn't think it's a fever, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what he's talking about. I asked him to feel my forehead and after a second he exclaimed that it felt completely normal, strange then that I'm freezing though it's 75℉ in our house, ahh, men, what to do with them. Anyway, the one thing I always do when feeling under the weather is sleep, it's amazing what it does, takes a terrible day and turns it upside down. In fact because sleep and I are such good friends I wrote a little poem for sleep.

Sleep, my weathered friend
you are always there when life takes a bend
With dreams you give me relief from troubled things
you make me feel as if I had wings
And despite your somewhat untimely timing
I find you completely charming
But alas when I've awaken
I realize I've been completely taken
Because life with it's ups and downs
is staring at me with a frown

And it is true. I am behind on loads of things and I'm feeling very guilty for allowing myself to sleep and relax all morning. I shall fight the black and grey feeling, crank up the music, and get to work! However, crossfit may have to be skipped.

No comments: