Dec 11, 2010

Christmas!

 Tis the first day I realized that it is almost Christmas time! Only 17 more days and only two weeks until my family arrives. We are going to have a gloriously, crazy Christmas. All my siblings, including my sisters husband Drew, plus my parents, Christofer's sister, our friend Emilie. For New Years we expand to include even more people Taaniel and siblings! However, I do love a house full of laughter and joy. God is so good, he is too good to me, filling my life with people I love and with so many blessings.

  We already had our first Christmas party and it was quite a success! Pepperkakor, Lussebullar, it's much more fun to bake Swedish Christmas goodies since moving out of Sweden, though I admit I sorely miss my sister-in-laws and the times we would bake together. Such wonderful memories.

  Recently I've been very domestic, I fear it is because I am ignoring the last of the accounting of the season. It is for both Christofer's previous business and for Zerply which equals a very big headache, but I shouldn't complain because I like to feel accomplished and for some reason finishing up a book of recepts makes me feel precisely that :)  

My domestic endeavors have been:

French Onion Soup: Last night, it turned out so yummy and it was surprisingly easy, though caramelizing the onions takes forever!

Pancetta-Wrapped Pork: Christofer and I aren't very big pork eaters but I felt like something new and exciting and this looked so good! I'm a huge fan of rosemary, so I couldn't pass it up and though it's in the oven at the moment, I do believe it might taste quite yummy.

I should post pictures. I now own a smart phone, but I don't feel much smarter. Hold on! perhaps that's the point you dumb self down with a smart phone?!

 Ahh, anyways, they have a blogger app, which I should get because then I can instantly upload photos!  I know blogger's not very cool anymore, all the cool people use tumblr or posterous, I've been far too lazy to import my old blog, actually I think posterous is the only one that does that, but blogger doesn't have adverts and that's all I really care about. I hate flashy, messy advertising, which most of my Swedish friends use, thankfully not my dear sister-in-law, I have shown her the light!

Off to check on the Pork

-Eliza

2 comments:

Daniel Imfeld said...

French onion soup is one of my favorites. Yum!

Lize said...

Yes, very yummy indeed and surprisingly quite easy to make!