Nov 28, 2010

Thanksgivng

Two days after Thanksgiving and I'm still tired after all that food and all that cleaning :) Christofer and I made the house look lovely, I even made decorations, for those who know me making decorations is a very big step.

  My grandma, great aunt, uncle and aunt, baby cousin, baby brother, dear friends Adam and Lindsey and then, of course, my husband, all joined us for a lovely dinner. Lindsey made peanut butter pie that was fantastic. All the food was good. Thanksgiving is, after all, about eating yummy food and enjoying each others company :)

  I really do live a fantastic life, I am so, so grateful for everyone who has mean't so much for me over the years. Especially Christofer ♥

  I've actually been reflecting on Squanto as well. If you don't know who he is it's worth looking him up and reading his story. Rather fantastic! Though he was captured by, Thomas Hunt, an English man who tried selling him, he was able to learn English from a ship traitor and then move back to America and ended up helping the Pilgrims, he is one of the reasons they survived. He taught them how to fish, how to plant and helped make, at least for little while, peace between them and the Indians. Of course the rest of the story isn't as glamours, as my sister-in-law and a few other people like to point out, but, as with all wars, both sides are to blame. Of course there is no excuse for the way the American Indians where treated during both the 'Trail of Tears' and many other times, but that does not mean we should not celebrate a time when both peoples group came together to thank God and one another for surviving nearly impossible circumstances.

  Anyway, it's been a lazy two days. Friday we did nothing except eat ice cream, watch movies, and spent sometime with my grandmother, aunt, uncle and little cousin. Today we went to a movie, at 1pm with Lindsey and Adam, then we ate dinner with them and had really great conversations. I also happened to leave my purse at the restaurant, thankfully Adam and Lindsey were able to pick it up, and we ended the evening with Peets, ahh coffee thou art one of my true loves. Oh I also ended up slamming their bike rack on my head and am now suffering a bit of a bruised forehead. Why am I so klutzy?

 Now I think Guimo from our Church might stop by and Christofer is trying to save the World, video game world, and Ethan is sound asleep. I think I might go read a book or perhaps eat some more left overs.

lize

No comments: