Dec 31, 2010

Crazy Christmas and a Nutty New Year

Have had such a crazy, fantastic time with my family! The house is never quiet and everyone is always talking, but it's the way it's suppose to be! I've missed it, I've missed them. Now, things are like my childhood and memories, both good and bad, come flooding back. It's easy to fall back into the middle sister syndrome, but I've also had to step up and take responsibility, seeing as it is my house, well, Christofer, Taaniel and I's house, but it has been fun and my family is the most helpful family in the World. We all struggle with being workaholics, but it does seem like everyone has been able to relax as well. Right now people are scattered about playing cards and reading books, while a fire is blazing in the fireplace. Ahh, if life could just freeze here, but alas things move one and soon they will be gone, so I am determined to enjoy it.

  Tonight the conversation turned to our upbringing. We all feel as if we, seven siblings and I, were overworked as kids. I'm not saying kids shouldn't work, indeed, it is tragic that not many children are taught to work, because a good work ethic is essential in life, but still, our parents, dad in particular was a bit over-obsessive, it's actually not very surprising that he fell into drugs later on... however, my siblings are wonderful, God-fearing people, I'm so blessed.

Little sister is calling. Off to play Dutch Blitz!

/Lize

No comments: