Feb 20, 2011

24th Birthday

 I am 24, can't believe I am so old, well, at least it sounds old.

 In honor of my 24th I decided to write 24 things I love. Not in any particular order, well, except for the first one. 

1. My husband

2. Dark chocolate with a large steaming cup of Early Grey

3. My sisters. Talking, laughing and generally enjoying spending time with them

4. Hot bath while listening to a book on tape, eating chocolate, and a tall glass of cold water

5. Mountains. I have no idea how I have lived 24 years without them, so lush, stunning, and majestic 

6. Hiking with Christofer on Saturdays, exploring our new hometown 

7. Jane Austen's books and movies

8. Rain, on days when you feel like staying in all day and can

9. Sushi, fresh sushi that melts in your mouth

10. My brothers. Now that my little brother is living with us, I realize how much I miss spending everyday life with them.

11. The first snow fall. You can always smell the first snow in the air

12. My niece and nephew. I miss not being there to see them grow up, but I hope now that we live in the same Country we might see more of them. My little nephew to be. 

13. Traveling to new Countries

14. Lazy Saturdays 

15. Massages, especially neck messages from Ethan, which was my present today. Three Ethonos, valid for 3 neck massages 

16. God

17. My sister-in-laws. I'm so grateful for the time I was able to have with them, they have truly become my dearest friends

18. Breakfast in bed, especially when Christofer surprises me with coffee and a chocolate crossant

19. Fresh cut flowers 

20. Trees blooming in February. First experience this year. It's incredible and yet so bizarre, you feel as if you've missed out on something, but at the same time you are excited and energized

21. Spending time reading the Bible along with a solid time of prayer. 

22. My parents and parents-in-law 

23. unexpected hugs from Christofer

24. My friends. Old friends, friends that I am no longer close to, new friends that I enjoy every moment with and friends that I haven't even met yet. 

  Now unto my very happy day. First I woke up to Christofer bringing presents to my side. I love presents, I wish it wasn't so because it feels so selfish, but it's true, presents are my love language. 
 We then had breakfast with My Aunt, Uncle, cousin Makayla and Great Aunt Berna along with Luke, Ethan and Taaniel. Then a fabulous date with Ch at a lovely little cafe called coba and then a dinner with close friends. Now, watching the very last scenes of Quantum of Solace and soon off to bed. A very triumphant day! I am so blessed. 24 is looking like it's going to be a great year :) 

Some pictures from my day:
Chocolate Crossant, my one weakness. 
My Handsome date



Copa Cafe


Baker Lindsey with her fabulous pies


Lindsey and I

Ethan and Haley and their cyclist looks

The best cupcakes in the World, I don't even like cupcakes, but these were incredible!

Luke's present, winnie the pooh, filled with candy :) 


No comments: