Mar 9, 2011

Lots of work and so little time

 Zerply is growing and when Zerply grows so does our work load. My dear husband has been getting up bright and early and going to bed dark and late. He is all stressed out, not good, but he seems to strive on stress and I've never seen him happier. I, however, am not sure where to turn. One day I was complaining because I felt like I wasn't doing anything and now there isn't enough hours in the day. Yesterday we went to a meetup through udemy, an extremely smart startup that lets you build your own courses. The topic was how to utilize social marketing. Oh my goodness, little did I know so much effort and skill went into me clicking on certain adds or responding to different articles. One of the speakers was from I site I've grown to love mint, they make personal finance cool. He talked about how much effort went into their blog. How they targeted those who started reading the blog and what they liked. They tried a bunch of different tactics, funny stories, interesting topics. They wrote infographics and then sent them out to The Wall Street Journal, Cnn ect. Mint went viral in a  matter of months. So fascinating.

 Well, it's late and I should be heading to bed. No more internets for me...at least not until 8 hours =)

No comments: