Mar 3, 2011

Today...

I did Yogalates. Pilates and Yoga mixed into one. Ethan and I came in late, not able to find a place to park, and entered into a crowded room with everyone already in the downward facing dog postion, to make matters worse I didn't have a mat with me and had to go borrow one at the front desk. By time I came back they had already started a new positioning, I quickly jumped in acting like I knew what I was doing. I inhaled and exhaled loudly, just as any expert yoga/pilates person would, but I think my silent neighbors quickly realized I had no idea what the heck I was doing or should be doing. I couldn't help but laugh several times as our instructor kept telling us to deepen the stretch or what the postion should look like. In other words, I wasn't even close. I did, however, manage to act like I knew a litte and received quite a workout, the only complete fail was the Bakasana pose. I fell smack down on my face onto the hard wooden floor and my yoga companions didn't even bat an eyelash, I suppose they were too busy in the moment. Yoga people are extremely stuck up, Ethan claims they are merely focused. I don't really believe him. Ethan is, however, quite good at Yoga, way better than I. Yet despite the picture perfect Californian yoga doing peeps,  it is a nice way to stretch and get a hard work out at in at the same time, also with the twist of Pilates in the mixture, no talk of sun gods or meditation was mentioned! Joy! May my Yogalates days begin!

from socialearth.com

No comments: