Mar 2, 2011

Musing

 I tried signing up for tumblr since it is obviously where all the cool people have blogs, it is really cool. Yet, it's a little too cool, which means the site is down a lot of the time. I finally made the decision to just go ahead and switch my blog and then I couldn't register. The green monsters came out and warned me that they were busy working, I love those little green monsters, such a brilliant idea by the oatmeal. Yet, still very annoying. I suppose I shall have to stick with good old blogger for the time being. Did you know the story of blogger is rather interesting, before the owner sold it to google, the company was in dire need, they had to lay off employees. Evan Williams, one of the founders of blogger and of Twitter ;) stayed on and took a dramatic cut in pay in order to keep it afloat. Rather amazing to think how far he has come since then, and he isn't very old. Fascinating. Startup stories really are so inspiring. A recent site we are using for Zerply called uservoice, the two founders lived in a car out her in San Fran before they were able to get it up and running. I am grateful that I get to spend my days reading great stories and being a part of a product that I believe some day will be very successful. I of course struggle with feeling inadequate and wishing I had more skills to bring to the table, but when I take my eyes off myself, I am amazed on how far Christofer and Taaniel have come. From a dream that started in Taaniel little room in Tallinn Estonia, to a site that is now up and running and has reached many users, almost 4 full time employees and soon to open an Office in Prague! It's mind blowing and the most wonderful part of it is so many people love the site. I had a rather upset e-mail from a user that was logged out after only a short time during the sign up, Zerply has been acting strange sometimes. I felt really bad, but there isn't much we can do about it. I told him I was sorry and that we would do all in our power to re-create the problem in order to fix it. I think he felt guilty because he then wrote back that he had just had a really terrible day and took the frustration out in the e-mail. I told him I was sorry for his bad day and I really hoped the next day would be filled with all good things. He then wrote that he was so AMAZED to find a PR person that took time to actually care and that he supported any product that took good care of their users. He said I should write to my boss and tell him that he was very impressed, I sent the e-mail to the guys :) I really love being able to connect with people, give an encouraging word, make someone laugh even though they are strangers. The internet is an amazing tool.

Photo of the day: Me clueless at work, graced by the Californian sun.


No comments: