Dec 20, 2009

Avatar


We went and saw Avatar tonight. I was rather skeptic to the idea of something being half animated half real, but as usually, I tagged along. I must say I was impressed. They created a World so abstract, so beautiful, so vibrant that I felt myself being drawn in to the story, the beauty, and the culture with an excitement of a young child just being handed a piece of her favorite candy. I laughed and squealed with delight completely involuntarily. The colors where absolutely indescribable and the animation was so close to reality that I had a hard time separating the two, which I'm guessing was sort of the point, still, very well done. The movie did, however, as all Hollywood movies do, suddenly take a sharp turn into 'Oh, I'm sorry I broke your trust, I had no idea they(humans) were bad', even though he knew it all along. Sort of taking it to the level of Pocahontas and John Smith, but that was to be expected, and though it ends in the typical Hollywood 'go lucky' ending, it was still magical and enthralling. I definitely recommend it! Just be prepared to sit through 2 hrs and 40 mins of coolness.
 
  Heading off to Göthenborg tomorrow. Must go to bed. The snow continues to fall, and hibernation is over, so very sad.
  Until next time


1 comment:

em said...

jag instämmer! jag gillade den trots att det var en massa blå gubbar som hoppade runt! wow vilken film! :)