Feb 27, 2010

TALLINN!

 Finally we arrived! I wish I could say that everything went smoothly and that we were all packed and ready by time our deadline came around, but...well, I don't think I have every seen Christofer so stressed out and I don't think I've ever felt so overwhelmed, but, thanks be to God, we were able to calm ourselves down and made it in the nick of time! Of course, we forgot a few things, but we came to the boat in time and that was that was the principle goal. We spent the evening in our little cabin, munching on snacks and watching Finland beat Sweden. Taaniel and Christofer each bought a can of beer in order to watch Hockey 'the way it should be watched' according to Taaniel. The funny thing was Christofer doesn't even like normal hockey and it was the girls team that was playing, but it turned out to be an entertaining match even though Sweden lost. Morning came and we piled into the car and drove to the office first. Here in Tallinn they do things a little different so we had to pay for the office and apartment in cash, but it all worked out and everything went smoothly! After lunch at Vapiano, our favorite restaurant, we met up with Aivo and we were able to move everything into the office and apartment. Aivo then went off to a church meeting and Taaniel, Christofer and I crashed onto our new, tiny furniture. Taaniel then took the bus home and Christofer and I went out to Vapiano again and had a lovely dinner. It is so wonderful to be able to walk out your front door and find yourself smack in the middle of city, a little city, but still a city! Neither Christofer or I have ever lived in a city before, it's exciting! We couldn't contain our happiness when we realized the restaurant was open until 11pm! Even in Stockholm things close earlier than eleven.
    Today, we are off to buy the things we need for our apartment and office. I forgot to mention that the apartment did not have a single kitchen appliance, and we didn't bring anything with us. Oh well, I suppose thats just part of the adventure.
                
                                                  
                                  Christofer relieved that we made it!


The boat had a ton of mirrors, my feet!



Aivo, Taaniel and I checking out the office



Vapiano!



Our first night on the town!


 Lots of love from a new city dweller!

1 comment:

matilda said...

i miss you already! (i checked out planetickets today... i dont think im gonna visit you in tallinn.)