Apr 21, 2010

NATO

The NATO Conference has officially started and with that includes loads of road blocks! And our office happens to be in the building next to the Swissotel where they are having a few of the meetings, so everything is closed off and we had to go through security to get in. Poor policemen they seem to be having a hard time with having to speak English, I tried asking one of them if I needed to take off my jacket or if I could go through with it. He looked all embarrassed and then asked me 'Mobile' thankfully it's the same word in Swedish so I shook my head, he then said 'Key', which he must have been wondering if I had keys in my pocket, I shook my head again and he let me go through. Taaniel said that they've brought in police from all over Estonia for the Conference, so they probably are from somewhere out in the Country side who aren't use to hearing English.
  Today we met up with Matt, a guy from Ohio. It was nice to see a familiar face and hear a bit about home. We took him to our favorite restaurant and hopefully we can meet with him before he leaves.

  I should get back to work since time really does disappear in Estonia. I feel as if I never really get anything done, I just have good intentions, but I have a feeling it has more to do with my lack of being able to say no to things I shouldn't really have to do. Like writing in my blog, but we live and learn.
 
   Off to work on Zerply's wording. Not the easiest thing in the World, but rather exciting :)

Lize

No comments: