Jun 1, 2010

It has been too long

Dear Blog,
   I apologize for the neglect. What can I say but I am so so sorry. Life and the life that I am now living is a strenuous one. I'm sure it will get better down the road and I will be complaining that I have nothing to do and life is so boring, so for now I am trying to take advantage of our hectic schedule and trying to make the best out of it. To give you a quick update, the past three weeks we have moved from Tallinn, Estonia, to Trosa, Sweden, packed up our apartment within a week, and moved to Mountain View, California, to an empty house with absolutely nothing in it! Crazy stressful, but thankfully family and friends have made it easier. I am happy to report that California is crawling with relatives from my mom side and almost everywhere I turn there is some new cousin willing to help. Absolutely lovely! I love huge families, I feel so incredible blessed to have family surrounding me, even if I once again have to start anew with friends. I still have friends in Ohio and Sweden, but then it is the constant missing of people in two different places instead of one. Ahh, thankfully we will all be in heaven together.
 
   So far we have had a rather peaceful time of it. The house we are renting here in Mountain View is so lovely, high ceilings and a very calm neighborhood. We've been able to find affordable things on craigslist and the place is slowly starting to feel like home. Though we still have a few things that we need to fix. One of them being a car... Christofer and I went to a dealership today, three dealerships...it really is the worse thing in the World! They are so annoying, trying to wheel and deal, so sleazy! Though we did run into a Russian guy that seemed genuinely willing to help us, but alas they wanted money today and unfortunately we didn't have 10k in our pockets.

  We are off to the Laundry mat to wash some clothes. Ahh, the life of a foreigner, not easy.
:)

Until later
/Eliza

No comments: