Oct 28, 2010

San Francisco, Charlotte NC, Lynchburg VA

Flew out this morning from San Francisco to Charlotte North Caroline. The flight left at 7:15 am and the ascent was one of the most beautiful sites ever. The sun was sliding slowly up painting a canvas of bright orange, pink and red. The fog, that hung low, lined the mountains with a hazy pink, the hazy pink then bled into the bright red and orange which in it's turn disintegrated into baby blue. The Mountains burned vividly and the golden gate bridge and the bay bridge glistened. San Francisco is definitely one of the most stunning cities I have seen, that is when the fog isn't hiding it.

We are now soaring over lake Tahoe, making for quite a lovely view. I wish I wasn't so tired otherwise I could spend the next four hours gazing at the rolling hills and snow tipped tops, but alas my eyes are heavy with sleep. Poor Christofer had to wake up at 5 to make sure I made to the airport it in time, he is such a fantastic husband. I'm going to miss him, but boy oh boy am I excited to visit Ruth. That was one of my main frustrations living in Sweden, it was impossible to visit any of my friends at their different Colleges. Any time we flew back to the States we were swamped with family and friends in Ohio. Now, I have the freedom to take a few days and experience Ruth's life away at school. I'm pretty sure I'll be grateful to not be living in a dorm eating cafeteria food, but it will be fun nonetheless.

I'm sure I will have plenty of time to write this week, so keep a look out for many a more blog posts :)

Cheers

No comments: