Nov 8, 2010

Visiting Ruth and the rest of the week.

 Almost a complete week since I visited my dear friend Ruth Hitchcock in Lynchburg Virginia. I had a good time but I was a bit naive to how much we would be doing. I ran after her at full speed trying to get a grip on the days. College students have a much tougher and busier life than I imagined. Still, it was loads of fun. I was able to meet her roommates and spent time with her closest friends. One of her best friends took me around while Ruth had rehearsal. Ruth's play 'The Last Night Of Ballyhoo' was fantastic, I saw it three times and would of gladly seen it again. Also, my sister, cousin and another friend came for a day, which made the week even better. We were able to walk around the campus and hike in the Mountains. Virginia does have Fall color and mountains to it's name even if Lynchburg, Virginia, the town I stayed in, is a tiny place.

 Liberty College in itself was a very interesting place. The very first day I went to dinner with Ruth and her Theatre friends at the Student cafeteria, I had literally just stepped off the plane, and to my surprise a girl came up to me and informed me that I was out of 'dress code'. I had been teased by Ruth that the dress code was strict and I needed to keep my swearing down :) However, I wasn't really expecting to be called out since I don't consider myself to dress immodest. Still, Ruth had just walked away from me and I stood there looking completely dumbfounded as she asked to see my student id. I told her I didn't have any and she gave me a 'of course you don't' look and asked to see my drivers license. As I walked back to the table to fetch my purse, the girl happened to know one of the girls in Ruth's theater group so she let me off the hook. At least it made for a very good story to tell all the Liberty Students :)
  Besides that little incident, I had a wonderful welcoming from Ruth's friends and I felt very much at home. The worship services and prayer times where very encouraging and it made me miss Betel, our Church in Sweden. It's amazing that a College exists to bring glory to God, even if they perhaps are a little too focused on the outward appearance.

 Upon arriving home I carried with me one of the worst colds I have had in a long time. The flight was a complete nightmare, infected ears popping are horrendous, and I was so happy to see Christofer that I nearly cried. Christofer put me to bed with lots of cough drops, kleenex, and tea and I slept for a few hours and then I awoke to the men in the house heading off to our startup workshop. I wrapped myself in blankets and watched 'Return to Cranford'. Andrea, Christofer's youngest sister arrived late that night and the next day Christofer's mom flew in. We had two days of exploring and then Christofer's mom traveled on towards Australia. She is a prestiges doctor wanted in all corners of the earth.

 That brings us to today. Sunday, daylight savings was last night and yesterday was a Wedding in San Fran and movie night with Adam and Lindsey. Today was mostly indoor since it rained which included burritos, ice cream, chips, a movie, and poker. I beat my little brother last night, but it most of been beginners luck since I lost tonight, thankfully it's just chips no real money.

Now, off to bed and to prepare for a fun week ahead. Zerply will be needing some TLC :)

/Lize

No comments: