Jan 18, 2011

Lemons and oranges, oranges and lemons!

I have so many lemons and oranges that det bara sprutar ur öronen(A swedish saying that is hard to translate, but basically means I have them coming out of my ears. How funny it sounds in English)
 Anyway, have had a semi productive day, but towards the end I started cleaning and, well, besides finding things that don't belong to me, I found loads and loads of oranges and lemons. My mom and Dad, during Christmas, drove down to Palms Springs and arrived back with boxes of fruit, I think they were thinking that the crowd that lived here, at that moment, would finish them off, but alas no such thing happened. I am therefore swimming in, a few rotten, but mostly ripe oranges and lemons. I posted it on Facebook and received many good suggestions. So I made a lemon pound cake, lemonade, and grapefruit juice, only to discover that the pile hasen't seemed to move at all. Next! I shall try my hand at marmelade. I have a new smart phone so I shall post some pictures of my success or failure. I suppose I shall just have to wait to tomorrow to show you, did you know marmalade has to sit in the fridge over night!? I had no idea, ahh the things one learns.

 Well, besides that, in two days, we will be welcoming a new person into our home. Luke Beard from England, I am looking forward to hearing his accent around the house, I love British accents and I really hope we can make him feel welcomed here. We are a sort of strange group. Tonight Christofer and Ethan were away at a meetup and during dinner no one spoke, after dinner no one spoke and now that it is 10:40pm we have barely said more than three words to each other. Not that I mind, sometimes it's important to have time of silence to clear your thoughts, but still, well, like a said a bit different.

 I better be off to check on my marmalade that is brewing in the pot, I love the idea of making marmalade, I feel so old fashion and proper :)

 Oh and I love having fresh, I mean extremely fresh, fruit during the dead of winter!

No comments: